16 MARCH 2016 (WED)
Massimo Borghello, FIA CFA
Director / M&A Asia-Pacific
Massimo Borghello is a Director based in Willis Towers Watson’s Mergers and Acquisitions Practice in Hong Kong. He advises clients in the Asia Pacific region on the financial and human capital issues in acquisitions, integrations, restructurings and other major change initiatives. His main areas of expertise include HR due diligence, cross border transactions and post-merger integration. Massimo has over 27 years of human capital consulting experience, which were accrued in Willis Towers Watson’s London, New York and Brussels offices, before relocating to Hong Kong in 2013. Over his career he has regularly advised US, European and now Asian multinational companies on the due diligence and post merger integration aspects of their M&A transactions around the world.
Massimo has been a speaker and a panelist at numerous external M&A events, including most recently in Asia-Pacific:
• Hong Kong in November 2012 at the mergermarket event “Maximising the value of Human Capital in Asian Outbound M&A”,
• Seoul in April 2013 on M&A HR readiness for Korean multinationals
• Singapore in September 2013 at Asia Insurance Review Magazine’s “1st Asia Conference on M&A in Insurance”
• Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta and Singapore in April 2014 at the Towers Watson events “is your M&A People Ready?”
• Singapore in September 2014 at Asia Insurance Review Magazine’s “2nd Asia Conference on M&A in Insurance”
• Bangkok in November 2014 at Asia Business Connect’s “Mergers & Acquisitions 2014” conference
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries (UK) and a CFA Charterholder. He received his BSc (Hons) degree in Mathematics from Imperial College, University of London in 1988. He is fluent in English and Italian.
Trey Davis, MBA
Director, Talent & Rewards Leader, Hong Kong
Trey Davis is a Director and the Leader of Willis Towers Watson’s Talent & Rewards practice in Hong Kong. Trey joined the firm’s Executive Compensation practice nearly 20 years ago, and has worked with some of the world’s best known firms since then. Trey is now based in Hong Kong for the second time where he also serves as the Practice Leader for the firm’s Executive Compensation practice in Asia-Pacific. Trey has experience in all areas of executive and board member compensation, including providing cross-border transactional advice during mergers, acquisitions and IPOs, and the design of short-term and long-term incentive plans (including cash, performance unit, phantom share, and share option plans). He has particular expertise in the selection, design and calibration of performance metrics for short-term and long-term incentive plans, including the valuation of stock options and other equity devices.
Trey’s clients include companies from around the world, including US, European and Asian companies. His work with Hong Kong and Mainland China companies includes locally listed firms, H-share and N-share companies and SOE’s. Before joining Willis Towers Watson, Trey was an analyst in a venture capital unit of a global telecommunications firm and a broker for an investment and securities firm. Trey has authored articles on the design and use of cash-based long-term incentives for The Society for Human Resource Management. He is a frequent public speaker and has been quoted in the Asian Wall Street Journal and other newspapers. He serves as a member of the Board of Visitors of the Divinity School of Wake Forest University.
Trey earned a B.A. from Wake Forest University and an M.B.A. from the College of William & Mary with a concentration in finance.
Mira Gajraj Mohan
Practice Director, Talent Management & Organisation Alignment, Asia Pacific
During the last 20 years, Mira has worked in corporate and consulting roles supporting businesses achieve their growth and transformation agendas. She has worked with both public and private sector organisations in the region covering a variety of industries including information technology, healthcare, manufacturing, retail and finance.
– In addition to leading client assignments, Mira has responsibilities for the development of Willis Towers Watson Talent Management methodologies and building internal capabilities
– Prior to joining Willis Towers Watson, Mira worked with a leading diversified Indian corporation as an internal consultant in the Corporate HR team. She was the lead for Leadership development across the corporation and was a member of the Corporate HR council. She has also worked with a prominent Singapore statutory board as part of the Human Resource and Organisation Change team charged with delivering series of Transformation initiatives.
She has provided a large number of multinationals with a broad range of consulting advice on matters such as:
– Definition of Talent Strategy and Roadmaps
– Leadership Development including assessment, development , Leadership Team alignment and Succession Management;
– Mergers and Acquisitions including Talent assessment and Culture integration;
– Core People processes including Performance Management, Identification and development of Talent and Career Management;
– Transformation including Change Management, Building Technical capability and Developing Change Leaders
Education & professional qualification
– Mira has an MBA from India’s top ranked Indian Institute of Management – Ahmedabad, and holds a First Class Bachelors of Arts degree majoring in Psychology from Bangalore University.
– She is an accredited user of several psychometric tools and has been trained on Six Sigma and PCMM
Director | Rewards, Talent & Communication
Subeer Bakshi leads the HR Consulting practice for Singapore and is also the Rewards consulting leader for SEA region. He has more than 10 years of experience in HR Consulting.
He leads a team that delivers advisory solutions to Willis Towers Watson clients on approaches that align their business strategy with their people strategy. Subeer has experience of working on a range of HR consulting projects across multiple industries, and his area of interest lies in total reward approaches and performance management systems. Subeer has worked on a variety of interventions in various stages of an organization life cycle, including mergers and divestures.
Other areas of his consulting focus include advising clients in conceptualization, design and deployment of HR programs, career frameworks, workforce effectiveness, executive compensation and HR Transformation. Subeer is additionally the champion for the Job Evaluation methodology of Willis Towers Watson.
Before he joined consulting, Subeer worked in HR at a major technology company.